Proprietary Cleaning Agents And Your Home!
Our Technicians Use a Variety of Proprietary Cleaning Agents to Restore North Idaho Homes
No matter where you live, it can flood. Severe weather, torrential rainfall and melting snow can cause flooding. When floodwaters rage, they invade homes, leaving disaster in its path. Water extraction and cleanup are a primary concern.
How are Homes Affected by Floodwater?
During natural disasters, 90% of the damage is caused by flooding. Floodwater is Category III, meaning it is highly contaminated. Sewage, bacteria, debris, and medical waste can all be found in the water pouring into your home due to flooding. Standing water is not only a biohazard, but the moisture alone can damage structural elements and the contents of the residence. Flooded homes needs professional mitigation.
Decontaminating the Premises
Water extraction and sanitation are dealt with before structural drying begins. Preventing the spread of microbes is an immediate concern. Our EPA-registered proprietary cleaning agents remove contaminants and help with foul odors. We employ the following:
• Antimicrobials – These products inhibit microbe growth and development, preventing them from spreading.
• Biocides –Chemical agents that mitigate living organisms. Viricides and fungicides are in this group and deal with microbial sanitary concerns.
• Disinfectant – Common disinfectants include quaternaries, alcohol, chlorines, and phenols. This class of antimicrobials kills up to 99% of germs.
• Sanitizers – Cleaning agents that reduce microbial levels to safe levels.
• Sporicides – remediate bacterial growth and fungus. Used for mold.
Contaminated surfaces get treated with the appropriate cleaning agent. As cleanup and restoration move forward, items are re-treated as needed. Our technicians are experts in flood damage control. Our goal is to return your home to preloss condition, if possible.
Contact SERVPRO of Coeur d'Alene at (208) 457-1234 for expert flood damage service. We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster!