Emergency Water Damage Tips
Emergency DO's and DON'Ts
These Emergency Tips will assist you in taking proper action until your local SERVPRO franchise professionals arrive. Follow these DOs and DON'Ts to help reduce damage and increase the chances of a successful restoration.
- Shut off the water source if possible or contact a qualified party to stop the water sources.
- Turn off circuit breakers for wet areas of the building when access to the power distribution panel is safe from electrical shock.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Move Paintings, art objects, computers, documents, and other sensitive valuables to a dry place.
- Contact your Local SERVPRO for help ASAP
- Enter affected areas if electrical outlets, switches, circuit breakers, or electrical equipment are exposed to water, always avoid electrical shock hazards
- Use your household vacuum cleaner to remove water; this could cause electrical shock or damage to the vacuum cleaner
- turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet or enter rooms where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
If you have water damage in your home or business contact us today! We are always here to help!